Anyone Ever Heard Marantz PSD-220/230?
Jun 26, 2002 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Pepzhez

Head-Fier
I've been trying to create a true hi-fi portable (or nearly so) set-up. I don't mean a compromised Walkman-type system, but rather an audiophile-quality listening environment. I've been looking into various things and came across these Marantz Professional (PSD-220/230) CD players:

http://www.superscope-marantzpro.com/Superscope/PSD.htm

I've never seen anything posted about these here and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. It seems you can buy the PSD-220 for around $270 if you look around.

No, these are not units you will be carrying around for street listening, but I never do that anyway. I need something that I can listen to while I am travelling, staying in Europe for several months, etc. (I intend to be using Ety ER-4S/P with this.)

Info about these units at the Marantz site is sketchy. I'd assume that these CDP's feature better DAC's than the average portable and decent headphone amps. I wouldn't hesitate shelling out the $270 if they are indeed a significant improvement over run of the mill portables. Unfortunately, there's no local shop around here that carries them.

So, has anyone ever heard these units? What did you think of them? Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back