Anyone compare the w3 to the hy c3?
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chef8489

Headphoneus Supremus
Well still searching for a pair of iem's for my roommate. I a paying half the total bill and wondering if anyone with the c3 have the w3 as well and how they compare. I am really wanting him to get a much better of iems than his zune premium. Would love for him to get customs but want a great sound and not wanting to pay for half of ue's.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 2
get him W3 with UM56 custom tips. the best of both worlds. I havent heard the C3. but many say its about the same quality as the SE530. a number of people say the SE530 is actually better. And to me the W3 is better than the SE530 and with the UM56 all the potential fit/tip problems disappear (at least for me they did) plus if he doesnt like them, he wont have to throw the IEM in the trash. I absolutely recommend this combo; its fantastic; also if he gcatches the head-fi IEM collecting bug, he'll be able to use them on a number of different IEM's they fit my SE530 and W3 perfectly. I also here they fit the Klipsh X10, could probably stretch to fit the triples, and more than likely the next shure IEM; whatever that mat be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back