Anybody testdrive new ITunes 3D EQ???
Jan 13, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 7
as long as it wont gunk up the signal chain with it off, i dont mind loading it up and turning it on to see if it does anything funky. but if it degrades the quality too much, it might not be worth it. to give you an idea, i think even the Bass Tightener on Patchmix deadens the sound a bit too much.

Jan 13, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Tried it, but haven't found anything useful yet. Their EQ "improvement" seems to be adding more gain range to the stock eq, so now it is even harder to make subtle adjustments. The rest sounds like canned eq and reverb effects. The brainwave worked, it gave me an instant headache.

otoh it is a fun toy to play with, and a good listening exercise to try to figure out what some of the effects are actually doing.

The really positive aspect is that someone managed to do this. Maybe they will add some parametric bands some day. That would be extremely useful (in conjunction with the coarse 10 band).

A clipping indicator would be very useful, but I haven't found it yet.

My impressions only. Give it a try, you might find something that you like in there.

gerG

Jan 14, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 7
I had installed this about an hour before seeing this thread. It seems interesting so far, but I'm not convinced that it does anything worthwhile yet. I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

Jan 14, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Where is the manual? The Brainwave Inductor is nice, currently being refreshed...
icon10.gif
Too bad it screws up the music...

Jan 17, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 7
I've been trying it out and I agree with gerG's entire assessment. It is fun and I can find a couple neat settings but the levels I've used are very subtle and extremely minimal in order get anything decent. It's easy to destroy the signal. I agree that parametric EQ control would be a very cool option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back