Any UK head-fiers wanna meet?
Mar 8, 2005 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm not really sure where to put this, but I'm going to London this month (26-31) and it would be fun meeting head-fiers there. Does anybody want to meet up with me? I can probably only bring my headphile replacement cable for the hd-600, and some music (perhaps a t-amp). I guess I can hitchhike someplace if it isnt too far from London.

Mar 8, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #2 of 11
That is Easter weekend isn't it...

I may be able to go to London on the Saturday, depending what public transport will be like over that period.

...Wouldn't advise hitch-hiking anywhere though if I were you.

Mar 8, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
That is Easter weekend isn't it...

I may be able to go to London on the Saturday, depending what public transport will be like over that period.

...Wouldn't advise hitch-hiking anywhere though if I were you.

Yep, now that you mention it, it is easter. I'll arrive at 19:40 to luton, so I probably wont be able to meet on saturday
frown.gif
. Why would you not advise hitch-hiking? A couple of my friends did that for three weeks this summer, they had no trouble there.

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
Hmmmm... Can anybody point me to a hifi store in London that stocks Grado's?

Hi Again...

On Tottenham Court Road, Hi-Fi Experience sells them... you'll find the store virtually opposite some building work about 400 meters up from Tottenham Court Road Tube station on the right hand side... the store itself is below ground - be prepared to pay top price though, is not a cheap shop!!!

Oh, and hitch-hiking isn't generally accepted because there have been various scams where hitchhikers have robbed their 'lifts'...

As long as you have a genuine face, you might be fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
I'm not really sure where to put this, but I'm going to London this month (26-31) and it would be fun meeting head-fiers there. Does anybody want to meet up with me? I can probably only bring my headphile replacement cable for the hd-600, and some music (perhaps a t-amp). I guess I can hitchhike someplace if it isnt too far from London.

Can't make it sorry........ I'm sure some local head-fi denizons in London would be able to meet up with you?

Mike.

Mar 12, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Thank you for the shop recommendations, I'll surely visit one of them.

@Duncan: I can understand that people have misgivings, there are always bad people in every bunch. I also have long unruly hair that may or may not appeal to people. I guess trying wont hurt though.

@Pinky: No problem, now that I realised it will be easter, I guess most people will have better things to do.

Oh, and I mainly want to audition the grados, I am sure I can get them way cheaper used here (on head-fi).

Mar 13, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 11
Superfi in Camden Town will do it for slightly better rates. Call ahead to see whether they have what you want, as every time I've been there the stock seemed to be a bit threadbare. They can certainly order in what you want at good prices though. www.superfi.co.uk

Mar 21, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 11
Hey there, I'll be in London from the 23th until the 27th. It's holidays here in Spain.

Anyhow, I'd love to meet some of the UK head-fiers. When and where could we meet?.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back