Any So-Cal'ers (preferably OC) willing to let me audition good headphone amps/etys?
Apr 15, 2003 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NewSc2

500+ Head-Fier
Like the thread title says, I'm interested in doing 2 or 3 more headphone related purchases in the near future, but wanted to try out some headphones.

Right now, I have Eggos, Sennheiser HD580's (with Clou Red coming soon hopefully), and my iPod. I'd like to do some A/B comparisons with Grados and Etys, and hopefully audition some portable and home headphone amps. I have a burning $200 or so, so I've been looking to purchase a pair of Ety 4P's or Grado's and an amp, but I'm kind of clueless as to go about these things.

(And don't really feel like taking advantage of Headroom's 30 day return policy, i'd feel guilty returning the items used)

Apr 20, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
If you are willing to come up to Santa Barbara, I would let you try my ety's, META 42, and supreme. I also have KSC-35s and MX-500s, as well as the 580s that you already own. Let me know if you are interested.

Hm, that's kind of a bit of ways off, seeing as I don't have a car right now. I'll be getting one in a few weeks' time, however, so I'll remember to PM
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back