Any Recommendations for Portable DAC/Amp for Grados/Cowon?
Dec 22, 2010 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bcallen

New Head-Fier
It's been awhile since I've been involved with headphones (own Grado SR200 circa late 80s') but a lifestyle change has me working more with computers along with airline travel, thus I'm pursuing an upgrade to my existing equipment.

I've purchased a Cowon D2+ and plan on upgrading my headphones to the Grado RS-1.

I'd appreciate hearing some suggestions for a portable DAC/amp combo (<$350) from those that have some experience with the Grados and/or Cowons.

I've spent countless hours over the past week reading on this forum and I think I've reached that point of overload resulting in confusion.  Is it the E7/E9, ibasso T3, Headroom Total Bithead, CMoy and though pricier, the TTVJ Slim?  So I thought I'd ask for recommendations based on the actual equipment I own.

My musical taste is 90% Contemporary Jazz, 5% R&B, 5% Classical Rock.  Source material is APE (lossless).  Sound quality, separation and soundstage are my priorities.

Any suggestions, endorsements or thoughts, this tired soul would greatly appreciate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back