Any one heard either/both Moodlab "Dice" and/or MDHT "Constantine"?
Jan 13, 2009 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alexboo12

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
Looking to try some NOS dac. Impossible to hear them out from any store as they are only selling via internet. Will be pairing the dac with Stello HP100 and HD650. Any information regarding build quality and/or sound would be greatly appreciate.

Btw, i already read the MHDT Paradisea(+) Owners Club post. Starting a new tread instead of posting there as many owner of Dice might not read that tread.

Cheers,
AP

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 6
Another Dac to consider is the Valab NOS Dac, $180.00 shipped from Taiwan. Take a look at the Valab thread right here under the Dedicated Source Components.

Phill

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks tubes. I have been reading up on Valab too. Dont really like the look though but the price is very tempting indeed. How is the built quality? I am moving around a bit.
Cheers,
AP

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 6
The build quality is very good, earlier production had a few problems with the capacitors but the MFR has now settled on the use of Rubycon's. Some users using computers as a source connected via USB have reported some noise, I don't use USB so I can't comment. The Dac is not in a fancy case but the sound quality is way above the asking price.

Phill

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexboo12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
Looking to try some NOS dac. Impossible to hear them out from any store as they are only selling via internet. Will be pairing the dac with Stello HP100 and HD650. Any information regarding build quality and/or sound would be greatly appreciate.

Btw, i already read the MHDT Paradisea(+) Owners Club post. Starting a new tread instead of posting there as many owner of Dice might not read that tread.

Cheers,
AP

I owned the Moodlab Dice for a while. The build quality was quite good. The unit felt a lot more solid than I had imagined before I actually received it. I thought the sound quality was an upgrade from my previous components (HR Total BitHead and iBasso D1). However, the Moodlad Dice is not the last word in detail, as I felt it was bested by the HR Micro DAC. But I would say that if you have detailed cans or amps, then the Moodlab might even things out.

Best of luck to you in your search.

Jan 15, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks Tubes and illkemist. I am moving away from Valab. Depsite good review, i just cannt swallow the look
smily_headphones1.gif
. Now it is between the Dice and lite dac Ah CAA mod.
Cheers,
AP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back