Any on impressions/opinions on the DIYEDEN Great March Modified
Jul 13, 2006 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered it today..Retails for 600.00 but paid 350.00 with tax..Looks like a good deal..It's going to replace the DAC in my Zenith 318 DVD player..Which is pretty god with music..Was 250.00, so its better then 90.00 players..& to replace the DAC in my computer & CD player.. I tried search, & only came up with 2 topics on the great march, & didn't give any impressions or anything.

Jul 13, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 4
I ordered one yesterday too, to replace my Micro DAC. Will be interested to see if there is much difference. I would like to know if the USB chip converts the signal to SPDIF before sending to the DAC (if this is possible?). I thought this article was an interesting read about USB:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/w...th2/brick.html

Jul 13, 2006 at 8:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by peelax
I ordered one yesterday too, to replace my Micro DAC. Will be interested to see if there is much difference. I would like to know if the USB chip converts the signal to SPDIF before sending to the DAC (if this is possible?). I thought this article was an interesting read about USB:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/w...th2/brick.html

sweet. We can compare our experiences..I'll be using the PAV2 with the March..

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
sweet. We can compare our experiences..I'll be using the PAV2 with the March..

Might I suggest you look at upgrading your amp next?

I liked the PA2V2 when I had mine, considering how cheap it was after all, but I'm not sure I would call it a genuinely 'high-end' amp, worthy of the 650's you have.

I'll be interested to hear your opinon of the Great March btw, I've heard that the stock unit has been around for awhile and garnered some positive opinions.

Sure would be nice if someone or a group of someones would be able to compare the Zhaolu, Great March, DAC-AH and DAC-60 at a Head-Fi meet at some point in the future.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back