any love for the rcd-02?
Jun 29, 2005 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KidA

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up the Rotel RCD-02 today for $430 Canadian ($350US) + tax. It seems to me that at that price its a great bargain source. So my question is: where's the love? I've owned the more capable rcd-1072 in the past and i know this little guy doesnt perform as well as his older brother, but it still seems to me that for what i paid its a great deal.
What are people's thoughts on this player? I'd like to see it get some more attention!

(I personally think its much better than the similarly priced NAD 542)

Jun 29, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by KidA
I picked up the Rotel RCD-02 today for $430 Canadian ($350US) + tax. It seems to me that at that price its a great bargain source. So my question is: where's the love? I've owned the more capable rcd-1072 in the past and i know this little guy doesnt perform as well as his older brother, but it still seems to me that for what i paid its a great deal.
What are people's thoughts on this player? I'd like to see it get some more attention!

(I personally think its much better than the similarly priced NAD 542)

I used to have an RCD-02. It is a pretty good machine and at the price you paid a real steal. I find I prefer the sound of older Rotels i.e. 855, 975 and 940 even if they are technically inferior. The 02 is a very neutral player and that can be a good or a bad thing depending on your taste. I thought it was great for classical music.

Enjoy

PS You traded down from the 1072 to the 02 ? - why ?

Jun 29, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

PS You traded down from the 1072 to the 02 ? - why ?

I owned the RCD-1072 months ago as part of a speaker set up that included a $3000 Audio Note OTO Single ended tube amplifier and $2300 Audio Note AN-K/spe speakers. Needless to say, being a student with no money, i had to get rid of some of my gear. All i've got left are the speakers, and even those are up for sale.
I figured the 02 would be fine in a headphone setup but now i'm not so sure. I left it in the box as i'm still trying to make up my mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back