Any Las Vegas Head-Fiers up for a mini-meet or something?
Oct 19, 2004 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nismo96

500+ Head-Fier
I just found out that I have to fly to Vegas for business. I'll be there from tommorow night until Friday night. I was wondering if any Head-Fiers wanted to get together and hang out with me when I'm not working. I don't drink or gamble, so I'm think that I won't have a lot to do out there. Why not try to hang out with like minded people?

Oct 20, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96
I just found out that I have to fly to Vegas for business. I'll be there from tommorow night until Friday night. I was wondering if any Head-Fiers wanted to get together and hang out with me when I'm not working. I don't drink or gamble, so I'm think that I won't have a lot to do out there. Why not try to hang out with like minded people?

You are inquiring of Las Vegans with the stipulation of no drinking or gambling? :) Perhaps that's why you have no takers...

Better drive a few hours north to Salt Lake City to participate in all that abstinence
tongue.gif
. (I know from experience).

-coma

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
You are inquiring of Las Vegans with the stipulation of no drinking or gambling? :) Perhaps that's why you have no takers...

Better drive a few hours north to Salt Lake City to participate in all that abstinence
tongue.gif
. (I know from experience).

-coma

I don't expect anyone else to live by my rules. I was just saying that I do not drink or gamble. I'm just a product of my upbringing I guess.

Anyway, my offer is still open. I'd love to hang out and meet other Head-Fier's while I'm out here. I'm in town until I take the red eye home on Friday night.

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

I don't expect anyone else to live by my rules. I was just saying that I do not drink or gamble. I'm just a product of my upbringing I guess.

Anyway, my offer is still open. I'd love to hang out and meet other Head-Fier's while I'm out here. I'm in town until I take the red eye home on Friday night.

I was just funnin' with you while playing on the reputation of Las Vegas :). I don't think any head-fi'er would be turned off to have a mini-meet with a non-drinker/gambler--it's not what you meet for.

Have fun in LV... we could always meet halfway in Beaver, Utah for the first (and last) ever mini-meet at that location. But we'd probably have to hold it out of the trunk of a car at a rest stop while trying to fight off vultures.

icon10.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 8:31 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

How far is that? If my appoinmtents for Friday fall apart I might be up for that. I only brought portable gear tough, It's not like I'd bring my CDP in a carry on.
tongue.gif

It's a long way--225 miles. I would honestly enjoy the drive, meeting you, and holding the first-and-last-ever (I'm sure) Beaver, Utah meet
tongue.gif
, but this Friday is impossible for me and also most of my gear is at Tyrion's for the S. Florida meet.

Las Vegas is rather do-able from a number of southwest US locations--hopefully someone will take you up on your offer. Beats hanging out in your hotel room, even if you do have good music to enjoy. Definitely drive around and see some stuff. St. George, Utah isn't far away and I like it a whole lot better than Las Vegas, especially if you don't drink or gamble (like I don't either).

Have fun (and keep in touch),

-coma

Oct 20, 2004 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Hmmm... 225 miles is a bit far to drive in one day, I do have to be back for my flight. I do hope that someone takes me up on the offer for a mini-meet. I hope that we can meet someday though, Comabereni. Maybe I'll get to fly out to SLC sometime in the future.

Yeah, it'd be at least 4 hours one way for both of us. A long way to drive to fight off the ravens at a truck stop :). It is pretty country, however.

Keep in touch. You are welcome to come by for a mini-meet should your travels ever bring you to SLC, at least once I finish my home remodel project.

Drive to St. George--I think you'll enjoy it. Gorgeous country.

-coma

Users who are viewing this thread

Back