Any GT5 gamers out there?
Apr 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AngerThoseNear

New Head-Fier
Big Gran Turismo 5 fan / car nut.

Was wondering if anyone plays GT5 and was interesting in racing online or trading or anything of the sort.

Also discussion about the game in general.
Likes and Dislikes.

Personally.
Number of different cars and tracks. Driving mechanics. Community surrounding the game.

Dislikes:
Car customization.  Car sorting (Even with my current 300 cars, going through them is horrible). 20 million credit cap (This is just a bad idea, at least have the generic 99 or 999 million).

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm a Gran Turismo fan in general. Have played GT5, but due to the lack of PS3, I haven't played it extensively. I think I'm level 25 or something like that.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
I'm a Gran Turismo fan in general. Have played GT5, but due to the lack of PS3, I haven't played it extensively. I think I'm level 25 or something like that.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

Did you play on a friend PS3 or something?  If so, then you sunk a bit of time on your friends PS3.

Currently I'm level 37 B-Spec and 40 A-Spec.  I find B-Spec super boring, and thus kinda gave up on it.  Still have 5 races left in A-Spec though (the endurance ones).

Then the super fun special events.  For the X2010 (or X1) challenges, I have only gotten bronze so far.  I guess that's fine seeing I use the DS3.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 7
I really wish they had engine swaps. Im a PS guy have owned every GT since the first and mostly hate on the Xbox but honestly Forza is the better game. If they could mix the 2 it would be perfect.

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I really wish they had engine swaps. Im a PS guy have owned every GT since the first and mostly hate on the Xbox but honestly Forza is the better game. If they could mix the 2 it would be perfect.

Agreed.  Also the car paint system in GT5 is garbage.  Colors don't disappear after you use them, so why do they in GT5.  There needs to be more customization for standard cars as well.  Everything is so generic.  I guess this is Forza's forte.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #6 of 7
I have spend well over 1000 hours over the years just painting cars. 

I want a better drift simulator in either one though. 

My favorite part of Forza is painting the car like crazy and then drifting through the Japanese tracks. So fun.
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.  Also the car paint system in GT5 is garbage.  Colors don't disappear after you use them, so why do they in GT5.  There needs to be more customization for standard cars as well.  Everything is so generic.  I guess this is Forza's forte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back