Any Full Sized Cans Like Atrio M5 IEM's
Jul 23, 2008 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm really loving my Artio M5's at the moment and am wondering if there is a full-sized 'equilavent'

The M5's sound very 'natual' to me. They have a rather dark sound with a very nice tight bass and 'rolled off' highs. The bass isn't at all overpowering (to my ears anyway) and really packs a punch.

My only full sized cans are a set of v1 Open darths that I also love the sound of. However compared to the M5's they are MUCH brighter and as such the bass in the darths comes across as weaker and less punchy.

The thing I would like the M5's to do better is soundstage and 'airiness' which is associated with open, full-sized cans.

Can anyone give any recommendations?

Thanks
Paul

Jul 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 3
i wanna know too..

people say the 650...but then theres the bass and open can issue...

Jul 23, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #3 of 3
D2000's sound is closer to M5 than HD650 IMO. Not to say it is better. D2000 mids is relatively neutral like the M5. The bass is like the M5's, which is warm and textured. D2000's treble is not what I ill call sharp, but they are not rolled off as severely as the M5. They have soundstage and air too, like open cans, but not as much as the HD650.

HD650 is close too, but their mids is the center of the show, unlike the M5. Bass is tighter I would say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back