Any Dynamic speakers that are great for holographic or a lot of texture sound?
Dec 3, 2020 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

joeydgraffix

100+ Head-Fier
I'm still searching for making my own headphone. I managed to take away most of the shrill of my Peerless drivers but I'm still not a huge fan of them.

I know I can look on eBay for an older used X2,but I still want to build my own headphone. I love the x2 sound BUT I also want to make a headphone if possible
that has a bit higher volume with much better sound quality. Obviously this is a completely different speaker type, but when I had my Audeze 2c's I absolutely fell in
love how I could hear the texture and it presented music in ways like I've never heard before. Not sure if there are any type of affordable dynamic speakers that I can
find with that type of sound quality to them.

I also love the darker sound but am sensitive to treble. Even with the 2c's that were considered the king of darkness I think I may have been hearing the reflections of the stock pads cause some of the highs would make my eyes from being so shrill. Where as my X2(woox version) the treble was never grainy like other have mentioned.

Also please no mention of planer's. I'm not 100% sure but I seem to have developed Tinnitus right after getting the 2c's and ever since then any type of planar headphone I've had would aggravate my tinnitus where as other dynamics/biocellulose speakers don't (unless they are bright).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back