any company with better customer support than JDS LABS in the sub $200 price point ?
Sep 7, 2023 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JeffB1961

Previously known as BOOTYMONSTER
soooo my fiio K7 is supposed to be here tomorrow but since ordering it i've found comments on their support on this forum (and other places) that i'm not happy with so i'm having buyers remorse before i even have the dang thing in my paws .

i was considering the atom stack and schiit magni+/modi stack before ordering the K7 . FWIU schiit can be difficult to contact an actual person and their CS isn't on the same level as JDS labs . the plastic case on the atom series doesn't thrill me (and yes i know the hevi versions have an aluminum top) and it seems they put weights in the atom :frowning2: . but i can deal with that for great CS if/when needed .

soooooo ..... does any company give similar CS to JDS ?
or are they the best available in the sub $200 market for DACs and amps ?
i'm only interested in their atomP amp/DAC and will get the hevi versions if i go that route .
will be using them on my new tygr 300r , old shp9500 and possibly a he400se down the road .
thanks , jeff

Sep 7, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Frankly I wouldn't bother, Fiio sells lots of stuff and there are hardly any problems.
I had contact with Schiit Support in the past and had to exchange one piece of their gear and they have been very nice and helpful. No problems at all.

Dec 6, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 4
JDS is the droid you're looking for, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back