Any Christmas deals coming up?
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chucky2

New Head-Fier
I'm considering buying an Image X5 for my brother, was wondering if anyone knew of any deals on these? Seems like there was a Nov. sale I missed (just my luck)....was wondering if Klipsch was going to lower the price any to increase their EOY sales.

Thanks either way!

Chuck

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #2 of 9
I would be surprised if they were to tell you of any upcoming sales, but you never know.

I'm interested in checking out the X10 myself, so I would love to know as well...

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Well, the benefit of them replying and actually doing a sale is that they get increased sales of their IEM's. Lets be real here: The actual cost to Klipsch is probably 1/10th or something like that of what they actually go for retail.

If you could lower your retail price temporairily and pickup sales you otherwise wouldn't have got, that's money you just made you otherwise wouldn't have.

Christmas over...price can go back up to the level you want it to - or maybe someone at Corp. decides they liked the increased numbers, and want to keep the price lower.

They wouldn't be losing money...

Chuck

P.S. Only way they would is if they're sold out (demand is that strong at the current retail price). I don't see anyone being sold out of these....that tells me either people have one h3ll of a stock, or they're not being sold out.

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 9
I understand your concern with price points. I'm a frugal shopper, too, and always look for the best deal. And you're probably second guessing the current price because others have found them cheaper. We do have headphones for all budgets, and the sound quality and components reflect the price - and there is a rhyme and reason for it. We don't just throw darts at a price chart! That would be fun, though.

There's also the development factor. Because the Image X10, X5 and Custom line were the first from Klipsch, there was a research and development factor involved that isn't as steep in our latest offerings. You always pay a little more for breakthrough products simply because of the time and technology used to develop them.

Is $250 worth it? That's really up to your budget. If it's not a fit, you could consider one of the other models. (I realize the Custom line is discontinued, but you can still find them - and usually heavily discounted.)

That probably didn't help much with your decision, but keep in mind that I've seen headphones cost as much as $5000. Now that I would definitely question!

Good luck with your decision.

Image S2 $49.99
Image S2m $59.99
Image S4 $79.99
Image S4i $99.99
Custom 1 $129.99
Custom 2 $199.99
Image X5 $249.99
Custom 3 $299.99
Image X10 $349.99

(I must include my stock disclaimer here: I can't tell you when/if any of our resellers, including Klipsch, will have such deals again as the ones I've seen talked about on here. And as always, please buy with caution... most discount prices you see today will be from unauthorized dealers with no warranty.)

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Well, my concern was really that the user feedback was from the X5's were more competitively priced, which colored the user feedback favorably as they were a very good IEM for the price at that time. You can see from the few users that have posted in that thread, that their view of what these should be priced at vs. Klipsch's view is at odds: That is your buying public.

Granted, if Klipsch is selling everyone one of these at $250, then more power to Klipsch, I don't stand in the way of capitalism. However, I'd venture to guess, at $250, no one is Out Of Stock...which tells me they're priced too high.

It's your product, you all set the pricing...but getting real world user feedback is good also - that link is your real world user feedback, coupled with your sales numbers (adjusted for season).

I will look into the others you have below, and and check them out. Unfortunately what was a sure buy in the $150-$170 range is probably out. Your next closest current product is the S4 (at its pricepoint, a great IEM in its own right), but how does that compete with other brands $150-$170 offerings? That's what I now have to find out.

Chuck

P.S. Amy, thank you very much for the detailed out post, and your attention to my thread. I do very much appreciate it!

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 9
You're welcome! And yes, please do some research on the S4. I think you'll find it's very competitive, even in the $150-$170 range.
smily_headphones1.gif

And I appreciate your feedback! I will certainly share it with the product development team.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my concern was really that the user feedback was from the X5's were more competitively priced, which colored the user feedback favorably as they were a very good IEM for the price at that time. You can see from the few users that have posted in that thread, that their view of what these should be priced at vs. Klipsch's view is at odds: That is your buying public.

Granted, if Klipsch is selling everyone one of these at $250, then more power to Klipsch, I don't stand in the way of capitalism. However, I'd venture to guess, at $250, no one is Out Of Stock...which tells me they're priced too high.

It's your product, you all set the pricing...but getting real world user feedback is good also - that link is your real world user feedback, coupled with your sales numbers (adjusted for season).

I will look into the others you have below, and and check them out. Unfortunately what was a sure buy in the $150-$170 range is probably out. Your next closest current product is the S4 (at its pricepoint, a great IEM in its own right), but how does that compete with other brands $150-$170 offerings? That's what I now have to find out.

Chuck

P.S. Amy, thank you very much for the detailed out post, and your attention to my thread. I do very much appreciate it!

I am not too sure about the 150 - 170 price range for IEM's, but I can tell you for sure that the S4's are pretty incredible at 79 dollars. I had mentioned in a different post that soon after I bought the S4, I purchased the X5 but I returned them after a week. I just did not see enough in them to justify the extra couple hundred I paid. I also have the X10s. but I listen to my S4's a lot more. Unamped I like the S4 better. Amped, the X10 really shines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back