Any Brazilian jiujitsu fanatics here?
Jan 22, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 4
No. But I have been to Brazil. Which is a very interesting country. I thought it was so fascinating that it made me lose all interest in visiting Florida for winter vacations. And because of Brazil, I now find Florida extremely bland when I compare the two winter getaways.

Jan 22, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 4
Curious if any Head-Fi members are BJJ fanatics like me? If so, where do you train at and what belt are you ?

I'm a purple belt at Caio Terra Academy in San Jose CA.
I have several friends that practice it and love it. Their little ones too.
I wish could overcome the nervousness of going to classes. My self consciousness has kept me from exploring activities like this all my life.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 4
I checked out the Class they offered here but it didn't interest me like Japanese Jujitsu would have. I'm a Shotokan guy.

You having to buy their specially colored Gi when I've already got one in white heavyweight canvas sounded the money-for-nothing warning bell for me. Like those Taekwondo schools that run you through the ranks for the money.

But if you know which way the finger bend and which way they don't, I pity the fool who lets you get hold of them.

If you want to see a great Jujitsu movie check out the 1943 directorial debut of Akira Kurosawa's Sanshiro Sugata. A morality tale about the purity of a young Jujitsuka and the evil Judoka thugs he trounces thoroughly. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanshiro_Sugata

He will throw your butt through a wall, is to me admired and just plum awesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back