Any benefit of using over ear headphones vs. IEMs?
Dec 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lasraik

100+ Head-Fier
If you have a set of over the ear phones and a set of comparable IEMs, is there any benefit in either?  In other words, does using over the ear provide more of an enviornment to listen to video games and movies?  Or does having the monitor in ear not make a difference?

Dec 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 5
Regardless of what you listen to, in-ear thingies can give you strong isolation from the noise around you, but since I don't like to stick anything into my ears (for various reasons like hygiene or the unpleasant feeling => fatigue) I prefer non in-ear heapdhones.

You might want to expand on your question a bit more, because it's very abstract.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #3 of 5
I think the bigger difference would be whether or not you are comfortable with IEM's in your ears...some don't like the feel and fit.  Sound quality you can get phones that are good from both arenas.  Its all about what you perceive and what you can live with.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 5
In general, over-ear headphones will have a bigger soundstage and better realism. IEMs will have better details and more precision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back