Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro in the car?
Jan 5, 2011 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

drwang84

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,
My stereo went out and I want a temporary solution to listen to music. California law is you CANNOT have both ears covered so headphones are ruled out. I might sell my Ford Explorer soon so I don't want to invest in a car audio system with amp, speakers, subwoofer. 

My source will either be an iPhone4 or cowon D2. I am returning the Garmin with built-in MP3 player Nuvi 765 T because the SQ is terrible! So I have a budget of $200 for the speaker and another $200 for an amp if necessary. I would like to use the DC cigarette lighter for power or a DC USB to power the speaker/amp.

I was considering the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro because of the small form factor but it would be a hassle to hookup (power) every time I get in the car so I might be ruling this out unless there is a cigarette to A/C adapter that auto turns off.

The X-Mini Max II Capsule Speaker system was considered but they seem to have a huge number of complaints on the facebook fan page about the battery not holding a charge and the speaker dying prematurely in a few months.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #5 of 7
If the law is that you cannot cover the ear, how about some int the ear canal headphones?  They don't cover the ear!
beyersmile.png

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Honestly for 200$ for speakers and 200$ for amp, you can simply get a decent head unit under 200 bucks and decent car speakers for around the same price and have them installed for a little bit of money. None of the solutions you are thinking of will sound any good IMO.

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 7
In case anyone is still interested, I ended up getting a pair of usb powered computer speakers.

[size=1.7em] Altec Lansing BXR1220 2.0 Speaker System[/size]

It was only $17 including shipping. I have a cigarette lighter with 2 usb ports, one to charge my iphone 4 and the other for the Altec Lansing speakers. The can shape of the speakers fits perfectly into the cup holders of my 2007 Form Explorer. Highs and mids are ok with poor lows but heck for 17 bucks it's a hell of a deal. 

I was using my MS-1 cans but it was just too risky. FYI:
VC 27400 $178 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back