another earphonesdiylabs review
Nov 21, 2019 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

goochygoogoo

Head-Fier
hey guys as you know last time i did a review regarding earphonesdiylabs on their ie800 8mm tesla driver.. but about 3 weeks ago i acquired another iem from them and this time is their own take on k3003..

as i said i am not an expert in sound engineering so i cant really describe the technical term - just what i feel in my ears!!

first and foremost!! i just want to compliment earphonediylabs on their customer service as they are always communicative throughout the whole process!!!

this time unlike the ie800 - their k3003 is more like a homage instead of a clone.. in that there is no branding on them.. but build quality wise is comparable to my friend's k3003 (original k3003 from akg)!!! the only difference is i find it almost a plus? that the k3003 from earphonediylabs is braided and felt softer than the original..

unfortunately earphonediylabs told me that they forgot to send me the other filters (they only sent me the reference filter) - which i don't mind since i only liked the reference filter anyway!! and to be honest i really couldnt find any difference to my ear from the original akg to their one!! he also told me that the k3003 is built as to the original which means that it has 2 balanced armature driver + 1 dynamic driver!

as to sound quality wise i really enjoyed the k3003!! i find it to be almost as detailed as ay iem that i have tried!! ad i have as mentioned before owned a shure 535, 425, and sennheiser ie80 and compared to all of these.. the k30003 from earphonediylabs seems to blow them out of the water in terms of details!! i can hear every instrument on them.. and i quite enjoy the bass...

the only thing that i can fault on this iem is the fact that the highs really kill my ears.. it seems the sibilant is hurting my ears.. but i find the same sibilant to exist on the original akg! so if you guys are interested maybe u can contact earphonediylabs and ask them!! but in all honesty i thank earphonediylabs for offering me their service.. since i am a fan of iems and headphones like u guys but i cannot afford the high price of what oem manufacturers offer.. and earphonediylabs are able to offer us similar quality products for 1/5th of the price.. this is just my honest review on the matter!! thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back