Android Phone with The Best Audio
Dec 27, 2023 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

k273

New Head-Fier
This question popped in my mind when I was reading another thread re. non Android DAPs.

What Android phone(s) is/are out there with the best audio-processing components, and thus, best audio output for music?
Thanks!

#android #smartphone #dap

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 9
the usual suspect lg v30

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #3 of 9
It's a lot more practical to get a $9 Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter and USB player Pro or Nuetron to bypass the Android stack and make any phone sound terrific with more power. I use phones with a 5,000ma battery and just one device to keep charged with lots of choices. It's tiny but packs quite a punch.

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #4 of 9
Whatever phone has the features you want + a USB-C dongle + USB Audio Player Pro

I wouldn't go for an old LG phone at this point since you'll be missing out on patches and updates

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 9
I had an old LG V20 with the quad DACs, but when it came time to replace it there weren't really any equivalent options on the market - physical headphone jacks were already a dying breed.

Lots of good USB and Bluetooth alternatives out there now.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 9
Is there a reason you're strictly focused on internal phone DACs?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 9
Is there a reason you're strictly focused on internal phone DACs?
I guess I could bring the simplest gear anywhere then, i.e. just a phone with decent audio components (and not just the DAC; if possible the whole affecting elements, e.g. it's headphone jack)...

Anyway I use V-Moda Crossfade Wireless for wireless, and Campfire Cascade for wired listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back