Analogy of bose.
Jun 6, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #31 of 32
Similar to the analogy of Bose would be spending $1.98 for a cheap plastic toy similar to, but not up to the quality of the toy you get for free, with the "Kids Meal" or a "Happy Meal" at the fast food joint.

Speaking of fast food. Perhaps the fast food joint is in itself a good analogy of Bose. We; well, at least ME, are programmed to believe that fast food made by near-slave labor and sold quickly from a warming rack is of the same quality as individually prepared food prepared and served by folks with at least somewhere near a livable wage in much more pleasant surroundings at the SAME price as the fast food joint!!

I dunno; maybe I like to think of the profits staying in the community rather than going straight to the head office in some big ol' office building.

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #32 of 32
I’m not into Bose bashing but i think it’s kind of like going to New York and instead of going to a good quality restaurant, you go to the Cheesecake Factory chain restaurant instead.

By the way, my parents own an old Bose boom box set. It’s actually nice and I like it but not worth $900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back