Amps Stories <1>
Apr 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SEAsonSolt

New Head-Fier
Amps Stories 1

Foreword:
It’s nice to meet everybody here.
I am a “theme editor” from www.erji.net,one of the best forum in China and even Asian areas which focus on headphone, earphone, Amps , portable Amps and so on.
Recently I often surf the head-fi forum for more info which can’t find on Aisan forums .
My interests into head-fi was piqued by Master EFN here , his description of Minibox-E+ is great and just like my view on this little amp.
So ,first here ,I want say something about minibox-e+ ,on a Chinese customer ‘s view .

DSC04320.jpg

[size=xx-small]My minibox-e+[/size]

DSC04348.jpg

[size=xx-small]with OPA627[/size]

As follows :
Pictures of MiniBox-E+
Three Stones MiniBox-E+
OP8610+BUF(634)
OP-AMP requirement: Most DIP8 mono op-amp
Frequency: 10Hz-60KHz??v-3dB/+0.7dB??
Output Impedance:16Ω-300Ω
SNR: >110dB
THD+N: 0.0035%
Battery Type: Li-ion
Battery charge time:10~15 hours
Battery Work Life:about 60 hours
Dimensions: 80mm*67mm*16mm

My Companion Gears:
ETYMOTIC ER-4p IEM with P2S converts
Panasonic SL-CT810
Portable AMPs:Minibox-E+(both of AD8065AR and OPA627),Virgo v200 and virgo v500

DSC04331.jpg

[size=xx-small]Pictures of them[/size]

Sound Review

Soundstage:I prefer to use OPA627 rather than AD8065,the former has a deeper soundstage , and provide a huge imaging space , though wasn't the WORLD's widest.
Treble: Although OPA627 has a better control of Treble performance . but also lacks a little top end extension and air, considered I was using the famous ER4S which was famous for its clear, clean, and much detailed treble. His performance is quite to accept . but the Amp Virgo really WOWed me, with his help the treble sounds like ‘warm spring in Japan’ ,that means while provide much detail the top end extension and air is also included (which I will provide detail in <amp stories 2>).

Midrange: I agree with the words written by Master “skylab” that “A tiny bit laid back, but generally clean and enjoyable. A touch on the warm side of neutral. Generally excellent though.” Though is used a OPA627 . but I really believe those words was just written for Minibox-E+ (OPA627).
Bass: with bass boost on, the bass once was tightly controlled now it has commanding authority in visceral impact and slam.

Conlusion
Made by Master Tree Stone ,Minibox-E + provide a very satisfied performance , and a lot of people here already have one . Actually I am not quite satisfied with its treble performance , perhaps because of the virgo amp, which provide a terrific treble and soundstage I ever heard. Wow I will share my feelings of this amp in my next ‘amp story’.

DSC04323.jpg

[size=xx-small]Virgo—my best love[/size]

THANK You!

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
welcome to head-fi and sorry for your wallet
biggrin.gif

Nice read and a nice comparison, Minibox-e+ is a nice unit indeed and i may try one too. However i think we never heard about Virgo, where can we have more imformation about it ?
thank you for your time

thanks!
Vrigo is sexy! isn't it?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Vrigo was made by Master ROCOON from China.since it was popular in China and can really stellar PK1 and ER4. I belive people here will also fall in love with it .
icon10.gif

I only hope Master ROCOON will soon provide it in heaf-fi.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi buddy. Yet another testament to the MiniBox-E+ prowess.

The Virgo is quite a specimen too it seems. The MiniBox-E+ is special because there's no over emphasis on any of the sound spectrum - the treble is not as high or bright as the DecWare Zen Head1 not the bass as massive as the Xin SuperMini-IV (Bass Boost). The MB-E+ offers just the right amount of everything. Now that I am a STAX freak, I was able to appreciate more of the MB-E+ attributes.

OTOH, I see that you have OPA627BP used with the MB-E+, mind telling us where we can buy the OPA627? I have been cheated by an eBay dealer selling fake OPA627.

Cheers

Apr 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 8
thanks for EFN 's quote.
since I live in China, it's convenient for me to buy OPA627BP at www.taobao.com
Usually cost about 20$ (a pair). but when it go to transportation cost, I have no exp about that.
But if there is anything I can do for you ,just leave a messege.

Apr 10, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Vrigo amp is sexy looking.
Is there a website for it or something?

thanks for reading.
from now on,I didn't find any website for vrigo
I didn't kown whether Master ROCOON will put it on sell in head-fi.
but if there is anything I kown about that in future, I'll mesege you at first time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back