Amps for IEMs only.
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm looking for a second amp just for IEMs or just for one pair, the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk. Is there a list of amps that work for that, pref. EU available?
it just have to be with low output impedance to avoid hiss and FR changes, also need to have gain switch, i have Magni Heresy and it works great with the Blessing

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #3 of 8
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Topping L30 if volpot
Hidizs s9 portable
But still they're overkill

I an using the Topping L30 for IEMs cause it has 3 gain switches (-9 dB to 0 dB to +9 dB), so it can run a variety of audio gear from highly sensitive IEMs all the way to full sized headphones and planars.

Very good sounding, no hiss, low output impedance, great measurements.

However, recently there's been some saga in the forums where Topping L30s that suffer from ESD ended up damaging the headphones/IEMs connected to it. Those seem to be rare occurances and mostly in climates that are less humid with high chances of ESD. Topping has issued a recall and is in the midst of replacing the L30 with newer batches that have a fix to prevent damage to headphones. U can read more in the last few pages of this forum: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...topping-l30-headphone-amplifier-review.15226/

It's a big shame, I've been using my L30 for 5 months with no issues (but my country has minimal ESD). I would advise not to buy the Topping L30 first, and wait for them to churn out some fixes with newer batches.

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Problem with those is the Dac inside.

I'm primarily looking for an amp only. If there's a dac inside would be nice too.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 8
I highly recommend you take a look at the Vorzuge lineup, these are some of the best “IEM amps” I've ever listened to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back