amp with large soundstage?
Mar 3, 2023 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reter

100+ Head-Fier
i own the jds labs atom and i like the soundstage it has, is higher than the topping a90d

can you suggest me other amps with large soundstage maybe different than the neutrality of the jds?

Mar 3, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 5
The Pro iCAN has an XBass and 3D knob which widens the soundstage. Works great on certain headphones.

Mar 3, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 5
I’ve posted here about the JR-Tube Audio amp. I would consider as a wide soundstage. Really, what you get is what you put in. If the song is recorded with good soundstage, then that’s what you get…

617D45FC-0DB3-4D09-9BD1-9B12B32ED2DF.jpeg

So far, I haven’t even tried my DAC…. I’ve been using the Node as my streamer and DAC. I have a Denafrips Ares2 that I would consider to be better at soundstaging than the Node.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #4 of 5
If you want it as large as possible just get a Sound blaster X1 and connect to the 3.5mm jack as a DAC. They sound great, but the SBX software will let you really customize it. I have one lined out to a Topping L30 II for gaming and it works great. Amazon still has them for $49 on sale. I got another one coming tomorrow since they rarely go in sale since it's new on the market. It outputs 2.4v as a DAC and the 5.1 with SBX 10-20 percent works great.

Mar 7, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 5
If you want it as large as possible just get a Sound blaster X1 and connect to the 3.5mm jack as a DAC. They sound great, but the SBX software will let you really customize it. I have one lined out to a Topping L30 II for gaming and it works great. Amazon still has them for $49 on sale. I got another one coming tomorrow since they rarely go in sale since it's new on the market. It outputs 2.4v as a DAC and the 5.1 with SBX 10-20 percent works great.
are you referring to the surround virtualization in the x1?

are there some amps that does have large headroom without having the tubes? i'm asking this because i plan to have the amp working at least 8h/day so i fear tubes doesn't last long

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back