Amp Synergy with Triple.Fi 10 Pro
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mindblock

New Head-Fier
I am a long time lurker, and a first time poster.....here's the story.

4 years ago I bought Ety 4P's with the P-S cable and the Total Airhead amp to play my Apple Lossless files on my iPod when traveling.....all has been good, and I had no complaints or desires until I started reading this site again.

To make the long story reasonably short, I popped for a set of UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro's. These things are great.....broader soundstage that I got with the etys and a bit more air around each instrument. Etys seemed crisper in the high end and had a wonderfully lush midrange, but the deep clean punchy bass of the Triple.Fi 10's is positively addicting.

When playing the Triple.Fi's directly through my new iPod Classic I began to notice some distortion which sounded to me like the clipping I used to hear playing vinyl through my stereo when I wasn't feeding my speakers adequate current, back in the day.....anyway, I plugged the old Total Airhead into the mix and the Triple.Fi 10's sound A LOT better than unamped sounded.

Now I got to thinking again.....if this old Airhead sounds THIS good in the mix, what does an appropriately snyergistic new portable amp sould like in comparison.

I have read a lot of the reviews here and they ahve been quite helpful.....but I would like to cut to the chase.....Which amps should I listen to and what differences should I expect to hear??

THANKS for any observations.....

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have used a ibasso d2 a rsa tomahawk and a sr-71a with great success

Do you have any basis for choosing any one of those over the others based upon sonic profile?

I have eclectic music tastes ranging from jazz and old blues, to classical and classic rock.....today's play list included Pat Metheny, Art Porter, Led Zeppelin, Blind Faith, Wishbone Ash, Spirit, Mark Knopfler, JJ Cale, Sonny Landreth and Johnny A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back