AMP RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ATH R70X
Jul 23, 2021 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rishabhgkp

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for desktop amp recommendations for ATH R70X, and later maybe Arya.
BUDGET : 1000USD MAX

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 3
You have no replys :frowning2:
I don't have much to offer your question unfortunately but I use my pair of these headphones with the Onkyo ha300 portable player also I use it with the Tascam uh-7000 which is a recording computer interface that sounds phenomenal on the headphone output and through the main outs using it turoidal Transformer. Also I use it on the TEAC P90SD. Overall I would say it sounds a little dark with the Onkyo as the Onkyo has a extremely chocolate like sound smooth high-end three-dimensional space and very accurate but warm low-end these headphones work fine in that scenario but maybe better paired with something that is a little more exciting on the top end. TEAC produces this same excitement and a little bit less low end 3 dimensions so I would say the R70X is better with the TEAC as the TEAC is more balanced than the onkyo but a little bit exciting on top end.
Using my recording interface the Tascam it is absolutely phenomenal using these headphones and watching movies or anything that sounds symphonic or cinematic extremely wide soundstage and very wide frequency response when compared to my portable players.

Therefore for a stationary audio interface I would say get the unusual thing which is the Tascam - it also comes with its own mid parametric low shelf hi shelf EQ and reverb settings plus exciters noise diffusers etcetera in the digital output, led metering of the microphone inputs and digital metering of all the outputs.
It is the weird choice but totally the best choice plus you also have the added ability of going direct out from your computer to this unit and then to balance lineouts for powered speakers direct which sound amazing coming off the turoidal transformer.
Sometimes I run it out of the headphone output to my tube amp whilst simultaneously going from the line outputs to my PA speakers for extra stereo effect when watching movies it's so so cool.
Also the headphone trs output going directly to the RCA input of my tube amplifier with psb bookshelf computers is absolutely wonderous on classical music of strings and light percussion.

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 3
I am looking for desktop amp recommendations for ATH R70X, and later maybe Arya.
BUDGET : 1000USD MAX
I'm looking for dongle recommendations. I am using a Sony Xperia 5 mark 2 phone and it has an ok sound output for general use but I want high fidelity because I'm posh haha. Ideally a small little dongle would be quite good but my headphones the r70x are quite demanding at 350ohms (I think).
, ideally I would want something that can run the sound just like my portable Onkyo DAP or my portable TEAC DAP. But given that the Sony phone as a somewhat limited battery life I would prefer something that can bring its own battery and not run my phone into the ground plus I can charge the phone at the same time where is a standard dongle severely limits this.
, I am using the Onkyo Android HF player app which is fantastic so I would like something that can do Justice to this any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back