Amp for SHURE SE530's ?
Jan 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MythNoob

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys my first post here after having been an avid reader of the forums for a couple months now. Got a pair of SE530's on the way and would like advice on amping them, would love to hear some experiances and recommendations, even whether or not they even need amping. Source is a 2g Ipod Touch.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 11

I've owned and auditioned a lot of amps (including the Tomahawk) and settled for the Headamp AE2. It's a bit more laid back then the quicker Tomahawk but very accurate. It's not as analytical and bright as the iQube and a lot more detailed then the Xin amps.

Jan 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 11
headamp pico or.... LISA III
o2smile.gif
hehe. nah; leave that for once you are addicted
devil_face.gif

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 11
Using a RSA P-51 Mustang with my SE530 earphones and love the combo so far. The Shures seem to like a bit of volume to open up a bit. Everything sounds very well defined, and energetic with good impact. Listening to some Iced Earth right now and the experience is great.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #6 of 11
These are all really good suggestions and would be at the top of my wish list but these are all $300 amps which just seems excessive considering my DAP or my IEM's are that kind of price. So maybe i should have been more specific, how about an amp for around a $100 maybe even a little bit more, am i really going to get much of a SQ increase?. would somthing like a Fiio E5 do much?

And of course a $300 amp is going to sound good but do you guys really feel its a increase in SQ in line with the cost, e.g going from stock earbuds too shure se530's for $260 = a HUGE increase in SQ compared too shure se530's unamped to shure se530's+ rsa or ibasso pico etc = slightly better SQ

rant over

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are all really good suggestions and would be at the top of my wish list but these are all $300 amps which just seems excessive considering my DAP or my IEM's are that kind of price. [. . .]
And of course a $300 amp is going to sound good but do you guys really feel its a increase in SQ in line with the cost, e.g going from stock earbuds too shure se530's for $260 = a HUGE increase in SQ compared too shure se530's unamped to shure se530's+ rsa or ibasso pico etc = slightly better SQ

rant over

Well ranted. To throw in my 2 cents, I bought a iBasso D3 to use with my Head Direct RE-2s and liked that combo quite a lot, but when I upgraded to the se530s I found the amp to be superfluous. The se530s do just fine without an amp, in my opinion.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
, but when I upgraded to the se530s I found the amp to be superfluous. The se530s do just fine without an amp, in my opinion.

lovely jubblee thats what i like to hear. I think that your right, the SE530's appear to be such easy to drive IEM's that they probably will run just fine off the ipod itself. Most IEM's are probably designed to be driven that way anyhow.

Jan 15, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #9 of 11
ok hear what you want to hear; the SE530 are very sensitive phones absolutely, but that does not make them easy to drive. ipod HP out is not great and IMO the SE530 do benefit from an amp. but sure they sound OK unamped

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #10 of 11
They sound good straight out of my iPhone/iPod Nano, but for real audio bliss, I use the Corda Move in between with gain= low, current= high and crossfeed= on.
I just keep being amazed, everytime I listen to it<3

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound good straight out of my iPhone/iPod Nano, but for real audio bliss, I use the Corda Move in between with gain= low, current= high and crossfeed= on.
I just keep being amazed, everytime I listen to it<3

I will check that out, i also just looked at the ibasso website and their amps, the d2 Boa seems to be very popular on the forums and i when i checked it out on the website i thought it was also reasonably priced within my budget. anyone can comment on ibasso amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back