Amp+Dac for Grado RS-1
May 13, 2009 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

perca

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent amp+dac for Grado RS-1.
I've been recommended iBasso D10 and Go-Vibe Magnum. I think I wouldn't want to spend much more than $300-400. My source most of the time will be 5th gen iPod or iMac/iTunes, and the amp doesn't need to be very portable but it would be nice if it's not too big. Any advice? I have no experience with headphone amps...

May 13, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 9
Check out the Apogee Duet. You may not find a better DAC in that price range they synergize great with Grado's. Others have comented on how good the unit is with Grados. Plus, if you decide you only want to use it as a DAC only it has breakout cables if you wanted to use another amp someday.

May 13, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 9
Pico. Period. Have semi-vintage Grado RS-1 and Bushguy urged me to look at the Pico. Did, bought one, and that's that. PERFECT synergy. you can find used on here, or buy straight from Justin. A little more than your budget, so save some more money to get one.

And I use a 5.5g Imod most of the time and Itunes out of a Toshiba notebook rest of the time.

May 14, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pico. Period. Have semi-vintage Grado RS-1 and Bushguy urged me to look at the Pico. Did, bought one, and that's that. PERFECT synergy.

Hm, now I want to try an RS-1 with my Pico
tongue.gif
The best I'd ever heard the RS-1 was out of a Melos SHA-Gold, I wonder how the Pico > RS-1 pairing would compare to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back