Amp and Dacs advice
Dec 19, 2014 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Prolificaudio

100+ Head-Fier
Hello my friend. I have spent countless hours on here researching amp and dacs. Could anyone give me some help? What do you guys think of the e17 fiio? Could it power hd650s or hifiman 500s or audeze lcd2s? I am getting such mixed results. Is a non portable home setup going to blow that out of the water? If so can anyone point me to a good starting point in either area under 200 bucks? One last thing and sorry guys I just need some advice from the pros. Where should I start with open back headphones any recommendations? As always thank you so much in advanced my friends.

Dec 19, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm not new to audio but am pretty new to headphones. My first "real" set up is a pair of Sennheiser HD-598s with a Fiio E10k DAC/AMP out of my MacBook Pro listening to Apple Lossless files. The Sennheisers and the E10k cost me just shy of $200. I've also ordered a Cayin C5 amp and some HD-650s just to check out the "next" rung in the ladder. 

I'm listening to "Buena" by Morphine in the 598s right now and I couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back