Amp and bookshelf or computer speakers
Dec 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moroz

New Head-Fier
I want to play music from my phone/laptop/tv - would I be better suited with something like the Logitech z-2300 computer speakers or the more expensive option of getting an amp like the Denon PMA520 and some bookshelf speakers?

Sound quality is most important, but I live in an apartment so will never play the music to loud. Will be playing rock music mostly with some electronic. What do you suggest?

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Check out the Monoprice 5" studio monitors (self powered speakers).

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 4
I want to play music from my phone/laptop/tv - would I be better suited with something like the Logitech z-2300 computer speakers or the more expensive option of getting an amp like the Denon PMA520 and some bookshelf speakers?

Sound quality is most important, but I live in an apartment so will never play the music to loud. Will be playing rock music mostly with some electronic. What do you suggest?

Whats your budget?

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 4

First off, how much space do you have? Can it even fit that Denon in there? Plus the speakers.

Active monitors, whether pro-grade or not, have all the amplification the speakers need built into the speaker cabinets, and not necessarily at a disadvantage vs that Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back