Am I missing something here..?
Feb 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 8
What's the point posting an ebay link to a fake item (at least pricing wise, not sure about any technical merits...) located in Greece?
Yeah, sure the Greek economy can use some support
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 8
Price is ridiculous etc.  On the other hand I have a portable SW multiband vacuum tube receiver from the late 1950's.  As well as plugging into the wall it can also run off of 12 volts of batteries. 

In modern times would be no big deal to have DC to DC converters to supply even rather high voltages.  So possible.  The price is beyond ridiculous of course.  Whether this product is for real or not it is possible.

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Adding to my watch list...

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 8
  can this actually work ? 

Depends on what you mean by "work". I thought the whole point of a tube amplifier was to not be transparent, to colour the sound, make it warmer or more pleasing in some way. Making a transparent tube amplifier is defeating the whole purpose of a tube amplifier isn't it?

If this amplifier were a car, it would be a million dollar super-car deliberately designed to have the performance characteristics of a Ford Fiesta but still with the functionality/practicality of a super-car! So yes, it could work but not in a way that any sane person would want. The audiophile world is not renown for it's high proportion of sane people though, so who knows?

G

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 8
Am I missing something here..?

Your marbles?
The device under discussion is certainly missing many essential electronic components, as well as the high-quality construction I would expect to find on a device with that price tag.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Have any of you actually listened to it before making such snide comments about it?

Did anyone bother to consider the UPS that is included in the price?  Geez!

http://www.amazon.com/Powersonic-PS-1212-Battery-Fast-Connector/dp/B0002ILK1I

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 8
  Have any of you actually listened to it before making such snide comments about it?

Did anyone bother to consider the UPS that is included in the price?  Geez!

http://www.amazon.com/Powersonic-PS-1212-Battery-Fast-Connector/dp/B0002ILK1I

I bet those are cryo-treated tubes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back