Altmann Attraction DAC
Feb 3, 2007 at 1:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Nick63

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Zhaolu 2.D2 and have 2 4562 and 1 2000 opamp{s}, but have still been looking to improve. I have wanted to get a Zapfilter or the Ori upgade, but have not made it that far. I have run across the Altmann Attraction DAC, and was wondering if the claims it's maker claims are true. If it were not too pricey I would probably just buy it and see if it is really that good. I have some HD650's and AKG 701's and am going to get new speakers, so I thought an improved source would be in order. I think I am going to get some Strata Mini speakers for my 2 channel music only setup. I guess what really has me curious is that the Altmann Attraction DAC apparently uses op-amps and I kinda thought a discreet Dac would be the type that would be at the highest performance level and cost in the neghborhood this one does. I could still go the Ori or maybe Zapfilter route, but with the speaker upgrade in the mix I am thinking I might as well try to aim even higher. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back