Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone
Jul 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bcock

New Head-Fier
are these really rebranded ue sf3's? If so how is the sound quality of these iem's. WOuld these be suitable for rock and rap/hiphop?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 8
Look at the Nuforce NE-7M or Maximo Im-590's instead for a little more $. If you're set at the $40 limit then Im-490's, Lenntek Sonix, or even ADDIEMs would serve you better than the UHP336s.

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 8
I've never heard the UE version, but from what I've read the UHP336 are slightly bassier. I use mine for about 3 hrs a day, every day, and while they do a pretty good job on rock, alt. rock, and metal, they're a little too light on the bass for rap/hiphop.

They respond well to amping, as long as you're using a "warm" amp or one with bass boost. Be sure you give them time to "burn in" before making a final decision on them as they're definitely lacking bass at first.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 8
I like these phones. For the price, you get a lot of detail. You may want to consider the comply foam tips (t500) to start with. I think they have enough bass. When I tried to get more bass, I ended up spending more and more - then later discovered my JVC marshmellows had all the bass I'd ever want LOL. Mine are very old, but I was able to use the COMPLY t500 foam on them too. There is a thin fitting sleeve on the tube that comes off.. then the comply foam fits nicely. Otherwise, you can stretch out the foam and force them on. My marshmellows got way to hard over time. Maybe I should boil them?

Jul 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 8
thanks for the input. I own addiem and love them. I just wanted to try a pair of ue and these seem like a good idea. also are the lennteks any good, I can get a pair for 20. Also I might jump on re2. Is there a arguably better iem for under 50 than re2?

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the input. I own addiem and love them. I just wanted to try a pair of ue and these seem like a good idea. also are the lennteks any good, I can get a pair for 20. Also I might jump on re2. Is there a arguably better iem for under 50 than re2?

The Lennteks are... interesting. They have very strong bass and are beautifully built, especially for $20. The Maximos are arguably better than the RE2s <$50 if you can find a pair for the price. I think they're more fun while the RE2s are more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back