Alright I give up! I'm posting !
Jan 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

brent07

New Head-Fier
Here's what i got after countless hours of reading this forum at work (oops) .

All I have so far is are the Grado SR-80's

I'm down to a few amps to choose from:
1) C&C Box+
2) The Penguin
3) PA2V2
4) Total Bithead

I was set on the C&C box+ until I heard it kinda lacks in bass with the grados.

What would your choice be and why?

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 12
I just made the choice and ordered the penguin "caffeine ultra" for my MS-1s like... 2 minutes ago?
biggrin.gif

I was considering either the penguin or the PA2V2... but the mixed reviews I read on the PA2V2 made me choose the penguin... and the penguin looks way cooler!
cool.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 12
think I read last night that the PA2V2 was recommended by a Grado employee who said they found the grados to be amazing with that amp. I myself am going with the pico, mainly because of the size and the DAC option

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
think I read last night that the PA2V2 was recommended by a Grado employee who said they found the grados to be amazing with that amp. I myself am going with the pico, mainly because of the size and the DAC option

Way to jump straight into head-fi by purchasing the Pico. Real top of the line amplifier & dac, I'm getting good audio-syncrasy with my 580 & IEMs. Some even say the Pico slight edges out $2,000 amps
eek.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Way to jump straight into head-fi by purchasing the Pico. Real top of the line amplifier & dac, I'm getting good audio-syncrasy with my 580 & IEMs. Some even say the Pico slight edges out $2,000 amps
eek.gif

haha, i'm extremely new to all of this audiophile stuff. i just came across this board while searching for a pair of good headphones. i settled on some SR-80's, absolutely love em, heard they were better with an amp. a few clicks and bam I see the pico getting lots of love, like others have said, real addicting.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 12
iBasso P2
biggrin.gif

Cheaper but better alternative to iBasso D1.

Jan 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know where I read that.
cool.gif

Quote:

For any Koss and Grado lover I recommend the PA2V2 amp. It synergizes beautifully with any Koss 60 Ohm based and Grado headphone. You will hear rich, full sound coming out of the Koss, and warmer, less fatiguing and less sibillant sound coming out of your Grados.

Jan 6, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #12 of 12
I'm responding to the title as I felt that way b4. I lurked for a loooongg time. I soaked it in and learned from the greats of the forum. It takes a special talent that I do not seem to possess to put what you hear into words...I mean, it's hard enough for me to type and listen to music at the same time, never mind explaining what I am hearing. I guess I just wanted to say thanks to head-fi posters so I came out of the shadows and put finger to key...if for no other reason but to give thanks. Maybe it was the outage that made me appreciate it more.

Sorry for rambling....I know the OP wasn't looking for this but the title of the thread inspired me.

TY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back