Alpha Omega IEMs Thread
Apr 12, 2024 at 12:45 AM Post #166 of 179
Hello guys,

Well, I stick to my impressions, but I can say the following:

- Bass is amazing on both sets, while being slightly differently tuned.
- RA has a better midrange, fuller one.
- RA has a less extension and air in the highs, comes as a bit warmer overall, without any annoying peaks.
- RA sound less tridimensional as the OH700VB. The OH700VB sound definitely bigger than the RA.

Cannot say I prefer one over the other. Two different beasts that will satisfy bass lovers.
The OH700VB definitely sounds bigger because it has more height. But to my ears Ra has more depth, making the presentation more 3D. But well, Ramen (the new form of YMMV that I picked up from Watercooler.)

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #167 of 179
The OH700VB definitely sounds bigger because it has more height. But to my ears Ra has more depth, making the presentation more 3D. But well, Ramen (the new form of YMMV that I picked up from Watercooler.)
Ramen? Yes, please! With 2 eggs and 3 slices of Chashu 😂

Apr 13, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #168 of 179
Hi all, thank you so much for this thread, I have been communicating with Clement on a color design the last weeks and finally today pulled the trigger and placed the order. It will be 5-7 weeks before i will see them. Not sure how i will wait!!.
I just wanted to say, this thread made me feel very comfortable in purchasing a fairly unknown brand and appreciate ALL the input. Thanks AndyG

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #169 of 179
Hi all, thank you so much for this thread, I have been communicating with Clement on a color design the last weeks and finally today pulled the trigger and placed the order. It will be 5-7 weeks before i will see them. Not sure how i will wait!!.
I just wanted to say, this thread made me feel very comfortable in purchasing a fairly unknown brand and appreciate ALL the input. Thanks AndyG
Hia Andy welcome to the thread👍
I know exactly how you felt i was probably one of the very first to bite the bullet on RA and totally agree spending £500 on a monitor from a maker you have never heard of is a daunting experience,
But when i saw the FR Graph and that Sub-Bass boost i couldn't control myself Lol
Clement is a fantastic guy and now we on this thread are championing i think Alpha & Omega will be put on the map with many more customers from Europe & the US, the only problem with that is people will have to wait a bit longer for their new toys🤣
BTW, what Design did you end up settling on?
I went with a Black Transparent Shell & Black Carbon Fibre with Gold Fleck's Faceplate 😍

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #170 of 179
Hello guys,

Well, I stick to my impressions, but I can say the following:

- Bass is amazing on both sets, while being slightly differently tuned.
- RA has a better midrange, fuller one.
- RA has a less extension and air in the highs, comes as a bit warmer overall, without any annoying peaks.
- RA sound less tridimensional as the OH700VB. The OH700VB sound definitely bigger than the RA.

Cannot say I prefer one over the other. Two different beasts that will satisfy bass lovers.

When I had compared the OH700VB and Ra, I found the bass on Ra to be cleaner and had a better texture. The bass line coming from different instruments was better distinguishable on Ra than OH700VB. The mids on OH700VB are a bit thinner than on Ra. I also found the OH700VB to be more open-sounding, but the depth and layering were found to be better on Ra.

Nope I'm pretty much in line with you now I'm on my 2nd day with them still learning the differences but to be fair I'm finding it hard to take out of my ears to cross reference cos memory plays tricks

They are a very impressive set
How do you compare the bass on Ra with that on TSMR-X?

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #171 of 179
When I had compared the OH700VB and Ra, I found the bass on Ra to be cleaner and had a better texture. The bass line coming from different instruments was better distinguishable on Ra than OH700VB. The mids on OH700VB are a bit thinner than on Ra. I also found the OH700VB to be more open-sounding, but the depth and layering were found to be better on Ra.

How do you compare the bass on Ra with that on TSMR-X?
The bass on the RA is thicker warmer deeper sub bass the mids on the X are thinner and treble is more lively

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #172 of 179
The RA is the better IEM for you mate, enjoy it. I love both and really am unable to choose one over the other.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #173 of 179
The RA is the better IEM for you mate, enjoy it. I love both and really am unable to choose one over the other.
It’s really hard to choose one over the other. They are very very close in terms of performance. It’s hard to tell which is better or may be they are at exact same place. Good to have both in the collection, for sure.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #174 of 179
It’s really hard to choose one over the other. They are very very close in terms of performance. It’s hard to tell which is better or may be they are at exact same place. Good to have both in the collection, for sure.
After doing some actual comparisons with the RA and OH700VB they are brothers from another mother like twins not identical but similar. @F700 pretty much nailed it impossible to to pick a "winner" just both superb

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #175 of 179
Hia Andy welcome to the thread👍
I know exactly how you felt i was probably one of the very first to bite the bullet on RA and totally agree spending £500 on a monitor from a maker you have never heard of is a daunting experience,
But when i saw the FR Graph and that Sub-Bass boost i couldn't control myself Lol
Clement is a fantastic guy and now we on this thread are championing i think Alpha & Omega will be put on the map with many more customers from Europe & the US, the only problem with that is people will have to wait a bit longer for their new toys🤣
BTW, what Design did you end up settling on?
I went with a Black Transparent Shell & Black Carbon Fibre with Gold Fleck's Faceplate 😍
Hi, as said, I appreciate everyone's input and the review(s)/Graphs/recommedations certainly warranty the price imo. My budget was set at @600USD for what will be only my 3rd purchase (tried a few) of an IEM. Discussing on a one to one basis with Clement certainly sealed it for me, and as you say, lead-times are already longer (mine 5-7weeks). Wanted a green IEM and elements of gold (match cable) so, in Clements words/email " My idea now is doing this design, but with more yellow colour and replace the green marbling strips into golden colour, and perhaps I think I can add in a little bit of gold flakes as well, which make it a lot more golden elements inside. So far this is the best green colour artwork we had done, which I will be very confident to create variations of it based on this design"
The exact illustration will only be available when done! pictures available once completed.
Will be happy to share final pics if interested or indeed once in possession.

Attachments

• Julien(GREEN).jpg
    Julien(GREEN).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 16, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #177 of 179
I wanted them to look like my MEST MK2 which i didn't really gel with and sold due to not have enough Sub-Bass but absolutely loved the look of them! I think Clement knocked it out the park😎

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #178 of 179
Received my RA today and they are absolutely beautiful, Clement is a true Audiophiles Artist.
I will upload some photos in the coming days amd will also be doing a FULL review with comparisons to Mest mk2, Penon 10th AE and maybe something a bit cheaper 7hz Legato maybe? Just to see how a £500 bassheadish monitor compares to a £100 basshead monitor?
Should be interesting!
They are on a 100hrs burn-in and then a weeks worth of listening & comparing, so stay tuned if your on the fence anout buying RA or just curious about Alpha Omega which i will say has been an absolute pleasure to buy & deal with, one of if not the best buying experience iv had in 20-30 years👍

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back