Dec 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 12
Normaly it's write on the plug.
If it's Imod, it's write Imod dock.

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Normaly it's write on the plug.
If it's Imod, it's write Imod dock.

This is correct. Also, the color of the label for a regular LOD is black and white. The iMod cable is black and red/orange in color. The cables I own follow this color scheme, so I'm assuming all of Ken's cables do.

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 12
It looks like the sleeving is different on the new SxC cables. The older cables that I have are marked like this

non-iMod (black and white with AOL written on the )
ALO Audio

iMod (black and red/orange with iMod written on the shrink wrap)
ALO Audio

The iMod SxC and the iPhone cable pictures you show look like they are the same cable. Maybe Ken can point out how to tell them apart?

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Enclosed is a picture of an ALO using SXC for a Non-iModded iPod. Hope it helps.

SXCbyALOforNonImod.jpg

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 12
The better thing is to ask Ken directely.
Here, it' would be a great place for the answer, like that we 'll be all inform about it.

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enclosed is a picture of an ALO using SXC for a Non-iModded iPod. Hope it helps.

SXCbyALOforNonImod.jpg

My iMod one looks exactly the same
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The better thing is to ask Ken directely.
Here, it' would be a great place for the answer, like that we 'll be all inform about it.

Agree.

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #9 of 12
Hey nice photo!

No on the ALO SXC there is no indication on the label. However if you look at the iMod versions ipod connector, locate the brand "ALO" mark. You will notice a small dot that marked with my iron that indicate it as having caps installed. The dot is located under the "ALO" near the edge of the connector where the wires exit the ipod connector. The other way to tell is to test the Left and Right pins across the mini plug. The tip is left and the ring is right. Set your MM to continuity if you get a beep = no caps. You can also test for uf, set your MM to the II symbol and you will get a reading that will tell you the value of the cap.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey nice photo!

No on the ALO SXC there is no indication on the label. However if you look at the iMod versions ipod connector, locate the brand "ALO" mark. You will notice a small dot that marked with my iron that indicate it as having caps installed. The dot is located under the "ALO" near the edge of the connector where the wires exit the ipod connector.

Hope this helps.

Ken

You mean this?

Thanks

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean this?

Thanks

Thanks! yes excellent shot. I was going to take a photo of that guy but got side tracked.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back