ALO Fidelity iPod Docking Stations
Nov 30, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #16 of 30
Sorry, I thought the question was asked comparing the Fidelity iPod Docking Station to the V-Cap dock. Stuck my nose in where it doesn't belong. My apologies.

Nov 30, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I thought the question was asked comparing the Fidelity iPod Docking Station to the V-Cap dock. Stuck my nose in where it doesn't belong. My apologies.

Hey Aaron,

NP.

Too many choices these days!
smily_headphones1.gif

Stock ipod -- line out dock cable or Fidelity Dock

iMod -- iMod line out dock cable, Portable Vcap Dock, Large wood Vcap dock soon Fidelity Auricap Dock

Confusing? yes.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 12, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #20 of 30
I am really enjoying this piece. I have a standard 5.5 iPod playing Apple Lossless. Amp is Grado, Phones are Grado SR125. Cables are the short silk offered by ALO (I couldn't resist).

There was a definite improvement in quality. This little block of Paduk does its job very, very well. It is like it was made to work with the Mahogany Grado Amp. ALO should really do a Mahogany dock...

I wanted to have an all-battery, relatively protable hi fi, now I have it. Awesome.

Question: The clear plastic on the ALO Short Silk cables - am I supposed to cut that off? It doesn't look very good, but I guessed it is part of the cable's structural integrity so I didn't touch it.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #21 of 30
Any thoughts on the plasic covering? I am not referring to the thin plastic that covered the entire cable on delivery, but the clear heavy plastic on the connectors at each end. I am not sure if it is there to hold the RCA connector to the jacket or if was just to prevent damage in shipping.

Thanks

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by audioferret /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts on the plasic covering? I am not referring to the thin plastic that covered the entire cable on delivery, but the clear heavy plastic on the connectors at each end. I am not sure if it is there to hold the RCA connector to the jacket or if was just to prevent damage in shipping.

Thanks

Audioferret,

I would not remove the Clear Heat shrink on the RCA plug. It is there for structural reasons.
redface.gif

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 30
smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audioferret,

I would not remove the Clear Heat shrink on the RCA plug. It is there for structural reasons.
redface.gif

Thanks

Ken

That's what I needed to know, thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #24 of 30
I have an ALO Bamboo Dock and although I like its function I hate the fact I have to remove my iPod or iPhone from its case to insert it in the ALO Bamboo Dock. I started searching for a solution and hit upon the dock extender by Sendstation. IMO it works very good and it even adds a back support to the iPod or iPhone. At about $35 a worthy addition. Here are a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

Jul 28, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #26 of 30
kboe I have not noticed any diference, but I have not done a side by side comparison. In my case even if there is an small difference it is ok since the convenience of not taking the iPod from the case makes it worth it.

Jul 28, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an ALO Bamboo Dock and although I like its function I hate the fact I have to remove my iPod or iPhone from its case to insert it in the ALO Bamboo Dock. I started searching for a solution and hit upon the dock extender by Sendstation. IMO it works very good and it even adds a back support to the iPod or iPhone. At about $35 a worthy addition. Here are a couple of pics for your viewing pleasure.

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

Miguel

Nice idea! great photos also!

Thanks for the tip.

Ken

Aug 8, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #29 of 30
Ken,
Great job on the docking station, a piece of beauty. I have been experiencing electrical static on the ipod when it is on the fidelity docking station with the supply power switch on. This goes on for a two days and I had to remove the supply power charger. Any way to resolve this problem?
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just asking because I love my case and would not want to remove it for a dock either, looks like I will go with a LOD instead.

I just noticed where you reside. I go often to Georgia and rent cabins in North Georgia by Unicoi or Black Top Mountain State Parks. Next time I do so I will send you a PM in case you would like to listen to the unit. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back