ALO Burn In Service
Aug 27, 2008 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4
[size=medium]For the burn in adverse people! Fear not!![/size]

I want people to know that ALO offers to get your ALO modded headphone/s or cable a jump start on the burn in process. I use a Hagerman Audio Frydaddy audiophile burn in generator that uses a electronic waveform, a combination of wide band noise and variable frequency modulation to not only burn in the cable but also working the driver to exercise and moving bits to break them in. Jim has built this particular generator for not only burning in cables but also with settings that are specifically output for phonostages and amplifiers. A shout out to Jim Hagerman, I have been using his stuff for about 3 years now and this guy builds some awesome stuff. I adore my Frydaddy, thanks Jim! A 2 or 3 day session on the Frydaddy and the headphone and cable are much more relaxed and enjoyable. This service is for free when you buy a headphone or cable, just ask when you buy. Keep in mind I only have one frydaddy so there may be a slight que for the device. But I just wanted all to know that I do have this free service for my customers. A 3 day run on the device is very nice.

cable-burn-in-bench2.jpg

cable-burn-bench.jpg

4 Happy Ultrasone Edition 9 customers cans on the burn in bench.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 15, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats great Ken, really just a feather in the cap of a company with already great customer service. Kudos to you.

Thanks Mrdeadfolx,

The gizmo really gets folks over the initial burn in. When I first listened to a brand new E9 it was real thin and pretty disappointing. But after about 10 days of playing music on it was much much better, so about 2 or 3 days on this get about the same. Still no where near done but its listen-able.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 22, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 4
What a great costumer service Ken! Congrats!

I just wish I lived near just to send my earphones to get this nice service done, after buying the Cryo Dock from you
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back