ALO Au/Ag Series Line Out Dock
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 28
DSC00098.JPG

I love the sound of the cable coming from the LISA III...great cable.

Feb 2, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfreq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is the reason why i got this lod, as i listen more to trance, downtempo and ambient music. i noticed this from my previous quables lod.

Soundfeq - I am a huge fan of your music and when I am making stuff and tweaking the wire config I am playing, old Kraftwerk, Baby Mammoth, DJ Cam, Kid Loco, Kruder & Dorfmiester, Loop Guru etc..

KB

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 2, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC00098.JPG

I love the sound of the cable coming from the LISA III...great cable.

Nate,

I cant put my LISA down, always running the batteries dead. Using it so much I think I need to replace the RCA jacks on it. I think the ones being made on this latest run might sound better. I have #5 and Mr. Tadashi just got his recently. I lent him my Silver Emax amp for a few days. He liked his LISA over the EarMax amp. I think the Ear Max sounded better than my LISA amp. So were going to hang out with his LISA mine and the EarMax for a listen soon. At any rate the Silver Ear Max being not battery powered and costing well over $1000 says a lot about how nice the LISA is.

Ken

PS: Thanks for the nod on the cable!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 2, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #19 of 28
The Lisa sounds great, I noticed the Au/Ag cables really make a difference on the sound of the Lisa.

I will say though, the Au/Ag cables on your site don't really look the ones I have sitting here in front of me attached to the Lisa. The ones in front of me look better.

Good stuff...does indeed make for a good combo!

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #20 of 28
Here is a pictures of the iMod Jumbo Cryo Au/Ag LOD Cable Ken Made for me. I am really enjoying it and will only get better with time as the caps (and amp) burn in).
biggrin.gif

ALO%20iMod%20Cryo%20Au-AG%20Cable.JPG

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nate,

I cant put my LISA down, always running the batteries dead. Using it so much I think I need to replace the RCA jacks on it. I think the ones being made on this latest run might sound better. I have #5 and Mr. Tadashi just got his recently. I lent him my Silver Emax amp for a few days. He liked his LISA over the EarMax amp. I think the Ear Max sounded better than my LISA amp. So were going to hang out with his LISA mine and the EarMax for a listen soon. At any rate the Silver Ear Max being not battery powered and costing well over $1000 says a lot about how nice the LISA is.

Ken

PS: Thanks for the nod on the cable!

I guess thats #5 on the new batch? I have #5 according to my limited edition certificate.
smily_headphones1.gif
The LISA III does sound great and The Au/Ag wire definitely doesn't hurt the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
Very satisfied with the current rig.

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess thats #5 on the new batch? I have #5 according to my limited edition certificate.
smily_headphones1.gif
The LISA III does sound great and The Au/Ag wire definitely doesn't hurt the sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
Very satisfied with the current rig.

I don't think his is from the new batch, as I got mine much later than Ken got his and mine came with the certificate listing it as #60 of 100.(Hearing Ken's Lisa is the reason I bought mine.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by LDMES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a pictures of the iMod Jumbo Cryo Au/Ag LOD Cable Ken Made for me. I am really enjoying it and will only get better with time as the caps (and amp) burn in).
biggrin.gif

ALO%20iMod%20Cryo%20Au-AG%20Cable.JPG

ooooo these look fantastic!!!!! how do this imod dock cable sound??? compared to the others.

Feb 5, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by rypin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooooo these look fantastic!!!!! how do this imod dock cable sound??? compared to the others.

Don't have any other LODs to compare it with, and my other setup is a 4G iMod which is obviously different. That being said I am really enjoying the sound of this new rig. I also appreciate the quality of this LOD in terms of workmanship and sound. Ken did a really nice job with this LOD and once again I'm a happy customer.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 28
I purchased a 'Jumbo Cotton Dock V2' from TTVJ, and I absolutely love it. Six 20 gauge silver conductors in cotton. I owned the original 'Cotton Dock' which I thought was just incredible, but the 'Jumbo Cotton' is just excellent sounding. Big fat warm open cuddly silver in cotton perfection. Ken is a cable wizard.

Aug 27, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken, Would you consider Street Wire on par with Vampire wire. Thanks, Mudbone.

Hey Mudbone,

Sorry I am not familar with "Street Wire" can you point me to that with a URL or something?

By the way the "Vampire Wire" you speak of is actually made by another company and I was told by someone at Vampire wire that they are not going to be carrying the CCC-22 "Vampire Wire" anymore due to the large increase in both the cost of copper these days and the large minimum quantity order (MQO) needed to secure a shipment. This is the wire I love and use a lot in my products so have negotiated with the maker of this product and have take them up on a order and I am having this wire marked with the ALO logo and will be available from us. I mostly just do not want to loose such a great wire. By the way the folks at Vampire Wire are great people and make and still carry wonderful stuff.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back