almost finished my Cigarillos CMOY
Nov 6, 2001 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Braver

Will upgrade headphoneswhen there's a MX600.
it's looking pretty spiffy
smily_headphones1.gif
sounding great as well, a lot more space and ease to the spound, bit more punch as well
smily_headphones1.gif
everything I hoped for
smily_headphones1.gif
bloody loud as well! only need to have my mdp at 2 (out of 30) now.

forgot to ground the case ofcourse
tongue.gif
gonna do that in a sec
cool.gif

I have a little bit of noise in the background tho. need to find the source of that as well. believe I've seen some threads about similar problems. enjoying the improvements for now tho.

**** I wish I had a camera now! IMHO, it's a pretty droolworthy CMOY
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2001 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 8
hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

need som help tho
frown.gif

still got the hiss...a ground loop? how do you recognize one? I got two ground points about eight holes away from the rest , so...

another thing that worries me, is when touch the left or right input, either at the IC or the jack, I get a rather loud buzzing sound. whats up with that?? it also happens when I touch the plugs of the mini-mini cable.

Nov 6, 2001 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 8
The noise you get when touching the input is probably just the noise your body picks up being amplified. Do you use a high gain for this amp? That could explain this and maybe also the hiss you can hear?

Show us some pics of your work, or give us some specifics on gain, PSU, internal wiring etc. to make it easier to pin-point the problem.

/Uffe

Nov 6, 2001 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 8
>The noise you get when touching the input is probably
>just the noise your body picks up being amplified.

Exactly. Don't worry about it unless you can hear it during playback.

Nov 6, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm building the CMOY straight from the article. don't ask me too complicated technical stuff
wink.gif

the noise is an extremely loud buzz, louder than the music.

Nov 6, 2001 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi Braver,

Woo hoo gratz
smily_headphones1.gif

Post pictures
biggrin.gif

Im having soo much trouble with my cmoy
frown.gif

Nov 7, 2001 at 8:52 AM Post #8 of 8
well, it's dead already
rolleyes.gif

the noise was indeed a ground loop. I rebuild it, was dead quiet, so that was that problem. not sure if I fixed the buzzing, cause the soldering was pretty bad in that last attempt, so I had some loose wires and no space to repair. so in the bin it went.

I know how to make one that works now tho
tongue.gif
and my uncle has a better iron I can use as well as the parts I need now, so Ill go over there to make a new one. gonan make one with a volume control tho, it was just too loud from my mdp to give any kind of control over the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back