Allround amp for Beyerdynamic and AKG
Feb 21, 2007 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Sinsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I am planning to set up my own little headphone corner in my apartment (my girlfriend is gonna love that), and, although my Electric Avenues amp has done a decent job, I feel that I need a nice stationary amp.

I currently use a DT 770, and a 990 should be on the way soon. (a sr-80 is also in use). In addition to that I will probably purchase a 701 in the near future.

My budget is between $300 and $500, and it must be a amp that can be bought from a source that ships to Norway.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a nice amp that will work well with these cans? (I know they sound very different, so what I really need is a good allround amp).

Thank you!

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Click on Meier Audio at the top of this page -- might find just what you want.

Do you mean the Corda Aria? I See that this amp has a built in DAC, that I do not really need... would the Arietta be a good second choise?

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I am planning to set up my own little headphone corner in my apartment (my girlfriend is gonna love that), and, although my Electric Avenues amp has done a decent job, I feel that I need a nice stationary amp.

I currently use a DT 770, and a 990 should be on the way soon. (a sr-80 is also in use). In addition to that I will probably purchase a 701 in the near future.

My budget is between $300 and $500, and it must be a amp that can be bought from a source that ships to Norway.

Do any of you have a recommendation for a nice amp that will work well with these cans? (I know they sound very different, so what I really need is a good allround amp).

Thank you!

The Gilmore Lite with the stock power supply @ $299 or .... with the upgraded DPS power supply @ $499.

www.headamp.com

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #5 of 8
Meier amps can be bought from www.hpx.no (they have a nice collection of headphones as well) if you prefer a local webshop. If you feel lucky, it might be cheaper to order from abroad as customs can be nice to you and forget VAT.

Feb 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by krrm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meier amps can be bought from www.hpx.no (they have a nice collection of headphones as well) if you prefer a local webshop. If you feel lucky, it might be cheaper to order from abroad as customs can be nice to you and forget VAT.

Great, thank you, I was not aware that hpx sold Meiers. Their prices are fairly much the same (including VAT) as from the meier-audio site as well.

Right now I get at better feelig looking at the Gilmore though... better keep reading those reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back