All things JRiver thread
Oct 23, 2022 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dougms3

Headphoneus Supremus
Since I couldn't find a consolidated Jriver thread, I thought I'd start one for those of us that need help with settings and such.

I've been using Jriver for about 2 years now and find it the best option for me. I really like the interface and the options to tweak as I like.

Is anyone familiar with setting up Jriver to sync files and playlists for my phone, pc and dap so I don't have to manually copy and add songs to playlists on each device?

Thanks.

Dec 4, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 5
Would JRiver run comfortably on a Surface Go 3 (Intel Pentium Gold processor)?

Essentially I'm after a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet to run JRiver for music listening through my system. It needs two USB ports, one USB port would be used for my DAC and the other USB (the C port) with an external drive that'll be permanently attached to the tablet.

Dec 4, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 5
Would JRiver run comfortably on a Surface Go 3 (Intel Pentium Gold processor)?

Essentially I'm after a 2-in-1 laptop/tablet to run JRiver for music listening through my system. It needs two USB ports, one USB port would be used for my DAC and the other USB (the C port) with an external drive that'll be permanently attached to the tablet.
I'm not too familiar with the surface but the easiest way to find out, is to just install it on the surface.

Theres a free trial that you can use to test it out.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 5
This issue in particular is for audio-gd di20 owners.

I know that some people have said that the AVPLAY cable is not working properly with their audio-gd devices but IF the pcm is working, the DSD should also work. The communication is in the i2s format so IF one works, the other theoretically should work also. It is a configuration issue if this is the case with your setup.

So I got a transparent audio hdmi cable and tested it out and dsd still wasn't working.

I decided to give a hail mary and uninstall all the amanero drivers and reinstall (should have done this first 🤦‍♂️ . Then when I opened up jriver to select the audio output, a new option popped up that was not available to me before. The combo384 asio 1.03 driver.

20221209_204431.JPG

I was previously trying to use the wasapi driver and it wasn't working.

After selecting the asio output, it works fine now at DSD512. Sounds amazing.

So afterall it is a configuration issue and the AVPLAY cable is fine from di20he > r8mk2.

20221209_204508.JPG
20221209_204526.JPG

Edit : it may help if you reinstall the drivers with the i2s cable connected for about 30 seconds first, the driver may not install correctly if the output device is not recognized as present by windows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back