Alienware M11x weird problems on video
Jan 29, 2012 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
Recorded a video about my M11x and all its woe's >.> Enjoy, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIU8KnqHciE&context=C38341b1ADOEgsToPDskIg3K_aneubHtaFswpKumQe

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 11
I did, but then I realized...er...why the hell would I want gaming on the go ?  Heh!  I got this on a total whim because it was on super sale and only $600 shipped, so I jumped on it.  Thing is, its one of the best laptops I've ever used, PERIOD.  Exceptionally well built and powerful, my only gripe outside of the video issue was the slowness of the i3 for gaming, as it always "just passed" the benchmarks for most modern games.  It was about 5% past "passable" for Batman Arkham Asylum.  However, the GPU was beyond the Recommended.  

The Gt 540m 2gb is an excellent card.  Darn shame, if Alienware were not owned and run by Dell now, I'd have asked for a replacement but they made it very difficult for me to even get a hold of them on the phone with someone who actually spoke English.  

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 11
Yeah that looks like a hardware problem to me too. Your going to have to use that warranty that they hopefully gave you.

You can build a very nice gaming rig for under $800 now days. I've virtually built machines recently for some assignments (I'm in information technology networking administration as my college major) and for about $800 I got about the following:

i5 quad core cpu

16GBs ram

1TB HDD

nice case and power supply

and a AMD HD 6950 ( which is the same card as the HD 6970 but has the extra video stream processors locked off which you can turn back on with a hacked firmware and once this is done its just as fast as the more expensive HD 6970 which is why this is such a great bargain video card!)

Of course if your brand loyal you can always pick up a nice Nvidia card too. I'm not particular one way or the other for GPUs it depends on the price category for which I prefer. But I would build it myself if I were you, you save a load of money and its a fun learning experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back