Alice soundtrack
Dec 5, 2001 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dhwilkin

Headphone audiophiles are practically the stuff of legend.
When American McGee's Alice, the PC game, came out, I bought it at once. I absolutely love the game, and one of my favorite parts is the music. Well, now all the music (some re-mixed to be a little longer and/or more dramatic) is available on the Alice soundtrack.

I got this baby yesterday, and it's wonderful! Haunting, eerie, playful (in a really screwed-up way), dark, urgent, is how I would describe the music. There are no vocal pieces, but there are a few choice quotes from Alice, the Cheshire Cat, the Jabberwocky, etc... mixed in. And as a bonus, it's a fairly decent recording! Highly recommended.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2001 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 5
I remember this game was great fun at first, but I think I got bored and never finished it. Is it worth it?

Anyway I also remeber the game's great atmoshpere, ie great music and graphics. Maybe I should fire it up again.

Dec 12, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 5
The Gameplay definatly isnt so hot. The graphics however, are jaw-dropping (on a real system). Level structure is absolute polygon-o-rama. Lighting is incredibly atmospheric, the music is cool.. I havent finished it yet, havent had the time, but It's definatly keeping my interest even though the gameplay isnt so hot... Even if it's just to stop and admire the graphics every now and then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2001 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 5
The gameplay is decidedly ordinary. It did get repetitive at times, but then some new music/plot-twist/witty-comment/level-design-feature would come along and I'd forget all about it. It's a real tribute to the people that worked on this game that, despite very average gameplay (and jumping puzzles, which I didn't mind too much, myself), I was completely enthralled the entire way through.

And this soundtrack is great, I'm still not tired after four consecutive days of listening to it! One of my favorite pieces has a little children's chorus in the background, while an ominous horn of some type is steadily playing up-front, accompanied by a sad violin.
biggrin.gif

The recording quality is also very nice, has a great soundstage. One of the tracks has door knocks that sound like they're coming from a foot or two behind me!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back