Alaska, the last frontier, meet
Aug 17, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster0master
hey, im in anchorage!. although i recently just sold most of my audiogear, and downgraded to ms-1s, im a bit interested.

i would be honored if i saw my old MS-1s make an appearance at this meet - take pictures of the cans on a polar bear for me!

Aug 18, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot MD
On a more related note, I'm game for a meet but where are we going to hold it? You have a place Usagi? Maybe see if Pyramid can host? (They're the closest thing to a headphone specialty shop that I'm aware of.) And since the fall semester starts up in a couple of weeks, might I suggest holding it on/over a weekend?

Hello everybody,
I will look into the possibility of Pyramid hosting this gathering of the phones. If anybody else has any ideas please post.

Also about the permanent fund; I moved up here about nine months ago and I was told that you have to live in Alaska for two years before you can receive the permanent fund. I just hope that I'm eligible when the big payout happens and we all receive $30,000-$40,000.

Aug 19, 2004 at 10:46 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot MD
On a more related note, I'm game for a meet but where are we going to hold it? You have a place Usagi? Maybe see if Pyramid can host? (They're the closest thing to a headphone specialty shop that I'm aware of.) And since the fall semester starts up in a couple of weeks, might I suggest holding it on/over a weekend?

Idoit MD
I checked out Pyramid and realized it was a small computer repair/componants shop on East Tudor RD. This is the only Pyramid that I am aware of. Please advise if this is incorrect. (3701 E. Tudor Rd)

Aug 20, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #19 of 23
You're thinking of a different Pyramid. Pyramid Audio is the only place that I've found in town that has any decent headphones. They carry some Sennheiser products (though nothing high quality, the best that I saw was HD 280s) but they have quality components and might be interested. They're on the corner of Old Seward and Fireweed.

Aug 21, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 23
I scoped out Pyramid and it looks nice and spacious. I would like to see more interest from head-fi members before I confront managment at Pyramid.

Maybe we could grab our portable gear and go fishing at the russian river. Set up the grill, cook some salmon and listen to everones gear. Our headphones would probably smell like fish but I'm sure we could replace the ear pads or something after the meet is over!

Sep 3, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Maybe we could grab our portable gear and go fishing at the russian river. Set up the grill, cook some salmon and listen to everones gear. Our headphones would probably smell like fish but I'm sure we could replace the ear pads or something after the meet is over!

that sounds horrible1! the fishy smell thing atleast.

hmm. well i currently have

hd-497s,
ms-1s
and a cosmic headroom amp. although im currently in the process of selling it(Buy this amp!!.).
i have a radioshack pcd as well. im not sure the model though, since im not at my house.

Sep 14, 2004 at 6:30 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster0master
that sounds horrible1! the fishy smell thing atleast.

hmm. well i currently have

hd-497s,
ms-1s
and a cosmic headroom amp. although im currently in the process of selling it(Buy this amp!!.).
i have a radioshack pcd as well. im not sure the model though, since im not at my house.

That sounds great. Maybe you could sell it at the meet if anyone shows up, "aaheeemm."

I thought this thread would have been compressed 12x over and entered into the database archives to be rediscovered many years from now in the future where mankind has evolved into sooooooome thinnngg (Cpt Kirk, 1975) where we wouldn't need headphones anymore. We just think the music and its there, in our mind, for which we can replay, rewind, alter, and tweak to our hearts content. This is the final stage in our evolution, the ultimate headphone, our own mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back