AKG702 With ALO detachable cable in the house
Feb 18, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 23
Hey Ken,

That 6Moons review concluded by saying that the Burson HA-160 head amp is the perfect match for the AKG702...

"Final comments & suggestions: Demands top quality amplification with drive and painfully long break-in. Essentially a studio monitor spoon-fed on neutrality and resolution, not an editorializing home hifi design. Properly driven, it is not however a flat, dull, uninvolving sound at all. It simply needs muscular amplification of high caliber. The €499 Burson Audio HA-160 is just perfect."

You stock the HA-160 right? have you tried matching the two? Any good?

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by classakg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ken,

That 6Moons review concluded by saying that the Burson HA-160 head amp is the perfect match for the AKG702...

"Final comments & suggestions: Demands top quality amplification with drive and painfully long break-in. Essentially a studio monitor spoon-fed on neutrality and resolution, not an editorializing home hifi design. Properly driven, it is not however a flat, dull, uninvolving sound at all. It simply needs muscular amplification of high caliber. The €499 Burson Audio HA-160 is just perfect."

You stock the HA-160 right? have you tried matching the two? Any good?

Sarjan was right on I think. The AKG 701/702 is one of the harder phones to drive and if they are not energized properly they are flat. The Burson is hardly a wimpy amp, good match. - Yes ALO stocks the Burson.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #18 of 23
Just plugged in my new SXC CRYO wire into the K702… I am mighty pleased! Bass is noticeably improved, treble is airier and dynamics are bigger! Thank you, Ken!
k701smile.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 23
I am researching what I need to do to make my first cable and I want to start with my AKG K702s. I see the ALO cable has three strands which are braided. I take it each strand is connected to each of the three poles in the XLR and jack?

Thanks.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhanja_trinanjan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just plugged in my new SXC CRYO wire into the K702… I am mighty pleased! Bass is noticeably improved, treble is airier and dynamics are bigger! Thank you, Ken!
k701smile.gif

I tell you, I've heard more improvements with these cables than I've heard with changing amps. It's a great upgrade for the K702's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am researching what I need to do to make my first cable and I want to start with my AKG K702s. I see the ALO cable has three strands which are braided. I take it each strand is connected to each of the three poles in the XLR and jack?

Thanks.

I'm not at home to be absolutely sure, but it's 4 strands, i.e., 2 for each driver.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #22 of 23
Thanks for that, back to the drawing board. I could count only three wires on the pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back