AKG 518LE, Beyerdynamic DTX 501p or Philips Citiscape Downtown?
Dec 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Firmestpiano

New Head-Fier
Do any of these tower above the rest?

Looking to buy a pair of headphones for a friend of mine for christmas. Having trouble deciding/finding the right pair as there are so many varied reviews on all the above. Should mention I would probably be able to get them all for a similar price. Also wondering if there are any other headphones in this price bracket that I should consider? 

Thanks in advance!

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Of course, unfortunately I don't know that myself otherwise I would have included it. In general just looking for a fun and moderately accurate headphone. Doesn't need to be either a neutral or basshead's kind of headphone. A warm slightly V shaped signature perhaps, comparable to an M80.

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 7
name="Firmestpiano" url="/t/747184/akg-518le-beyerdynamic-dtx-501p-or-philips-citiscape-downtown#post_11147350"]Of course, unfortunately I don't know that myself otherwise I would have included it. In general just looking for a fun and moderately accurate headphone. Doesn't need to be either a neutral or basshead's kind of headphone. A warm slightly V shaped signature perhaps, comparable to an M80.

Donscorpio dolphin might fit. It meets the v shaped requirement and it comes with a case. Most people say it has excellent isolation as well

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Do any of these tower above the rest?

Looking to buy a pair of headphones for a friend of mine for christmas. Having trouble deciding/finding the right pair as there are so many varied reviews on all the above. Should mention I would probably be able to get them all for a similar price. Also wondering if there are any other headphones in this price bracket that I should consider? 

Thanks in advance!

I think the phillips would be a good choice
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-citiscape-downtown
It has good isolation and build and seems to sound decent. The look is a bit polarizing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back