AKG 501 + x-can v3 or..?
May 22, 2006 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Aethelred

100+ Head-Fier
I know this discussion was all over this forum but after 2 days of research I could not find honest and right answer to the question:
Which amp has a great synergy with AKG 501?
I was considering X-Can v3 - unfortunately have heard this one out of the box on silver cables and I was not convinced it is giving me much more than my Micromega Stage 5 headphone out.
I could not find Creek OBH 11 and new 21SE at 399euro price range does not perform well.
I'm looking for really good synergy and unfortunately I cannot find Rega anywhere at the local dealers - is it any good?
Aria was my last consideration but you have to buy it and then listen to it - plus I can buy tax free at the local dealers which is great benefit.
Can anyone -out of experience tell me if X_Can v3 - after burn in period - hope to hear it this Friday - can be the ultimate synergy - my impression is a bit dull presentation - after changing cables into MIT and a bit lousy bass. Midrange is more pronounced but lost of texture occured - do you think that silver Siltech is OK - I might try this one after burn in process will be finished.
The source was new McIntosh CD.
I really have to buy this ASAP. This really kills me.
Sorry for double post - computer lag ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back