Advice for a PC speaker system under $300 in Sri Lanka
Apr 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ithromax

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I want to purchase a new speaker system for my room (I mostly listen to classic rock/heavy metal and movies). I currently use a chinese system called Eacan E-510 and since of recent, I have started to dislike it a bit. I feel like the midrange isn't performing well and most of the time it just sounds noisy and tiring. The bass is also a bit boomy. I'm not quite sure what to purchase since I live in Sri Lanka and options are limited. I looked at the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks and felt like they are not that great for a price of $200 (in SL). Logitech Z623 was another candidate (similar price). One of my friends bought a Edifier E1900TII and claims that it's pretty good so I've been considering that too. Do you guys have any suggestions and/or comments?

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 2
Look into inexpensive t-amps, such as this Lepai amp. Might have luck on ebay in your region. Then you can hook up regular passive bookshelf speakers. Might find a good deal on used or buy new for the speakers. This route will definitely let you put together as setup with nice sound.

Check out this thread which discusses that Lepai amp: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627161/my-very-low-budget-nearfield-desktop-rig-lepai-amp-and-dayton-audio-speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back