Adding Desktop Speakers to my Setup
Jun 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kenjiwing

Head-Fier
I am looking to add desktop speakers to my setup as using headphones for 10+ hours a day is starting to wear on my ears/brain.

My current setup

BeyerDynamic DT 880 /600ohm
Little Dot MK III Amp
NuForce uDAC

Id like to be able to easily swap back and forth from the cans/speakers. Budget is from 200-500.

I just need a nice sound that I can listen to thats going to be clear for vent/gaming/background music.

Any suggestions that will work with my setup is greatly appreciated. Im also willing to listen to upgrades to my can setup also.

Thanks!

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 9
The [size=1em]RTi6 are $150 with coupon and free ship on egg[/size]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290252
that with a used vintage/classic stereo amp or T-amp if u want small makes for solid 2.0 starter speakers (even with no sub) 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Would I need to buy a soundcard or can I run everything from my DAC? Also what would be the best way to connect all of this to make the transition from speakers/headphones seamless.. like maybe a switch or something.

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
Would I need to buy a sound card or can I run everything from my DAC? Also what would be the best way to connect all of this to make the transition from speakers/headphones seamless.. like maybe a switch or something.

Asus Xonar DX (used $55) and get a new DAC with a digital optical input ($70), sell off your Nuforce uDAC (sell for $80-$100)
You can plug the new DAC into the optical output on the Xonar DX and plug the new speakers into the analog output on the new DAC
Plug the Little Dot MKIII amp. into the headphone jack of the Xonar DX
Everything can now be controlled from the Xonar control panel

Or plug the Little Dot MKIII into the new DAC and the speakers into the line-out/headphone jack of the Xonar DX.

You should only be out $50-$60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back